Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Is there any way to avoid direct links to prosperent.com?

Hello,

My question is about how to transfer visitors from publisher's site (A) to the merchant's site (B). From an SEO perspective, adding links to site A which links all point to site B is very bad... Google would penalize site A considering as a doorway site. Amazon API offers a way around this: building remote shopping cart. That means visitor on site A select products and let's say puts them to a javascript shopping cart which after 'checkout page' will eventually redirect to a shopping cart page on site B. That means no direct links from site A to site B, no penalty from Google, still everybody happy. I understand that prosperent works with more than one merchant so one shopping cart would not work... Nevertheless, consider this as an example. Any solution to the original problem, (namely direct links will discredit publisher sites) would make prosperent a very lucrative deal for publishers. I am saying this because I'd like to cut ties with Amazon and looking for a good enough solution for a long time, and I am not alone.

I really hope you could come up with a great idea... if there is already a solution which I overlooked please let me know...

Thanks!

Google will penalize site A thinking it's a doorway site if it points from site A to site B? LOL

Maybe if you're just creating a site with a bunch of links, but content is very important, as well as functionality and what you give your user.

I've never been penalized for using prosperent links, simply because I use their API to augment my content and give my users a comparative shopping experience

I've never heard of, or seen anyone penalized as a doorway page for simply having affiliate links on their site. Even large sites like pricegrabber.com, nextag.com, pricewatch, fatwallet.com, bizrate, and thousands of others are essentially just affiliate links from site A to site B. The key in making your site stand out in the SERPS is simply to bring value to your users. These sites are successful because they have other content, and they have features that add value to the user experience.

My personal site here: http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/s...ts.php?q=shoes

100% powered by the Prosperent API, 9 million pages indexed, online since 2009 and it brings in over 100.00 a day in revenue with no outside promotion.

Another option is to cloak your affiliate url's. Most sites do this, and we have some examples of how to do it here in the forums.

could you give me the template like your site?

Quote Originally Posted by vendor View Post
    could you give me the template like your site?
    right click anywhere in your browser window when on the site. Click "view source". Copy and paste. The end. Now no one has to give you any templates.

"cloak your affiliate url's. Most sites do this, and we have some examples of how to do it here in the forums."

I cant find any examples how i can cloak the affiliate url's. Any one has solution to this

Quote Originally Posted by ranjancom2000 View Post
    "cloak your affiliate url's. Most sites do this, and we have some examples of how to do it here in the forums."

I cant find any examples how i can cloak the affiliate url's. Any one has solution to this
    Regularly read the forums

Quote Originally Posted by ekgrin View Post
    Regularly read the forums
    what he said. there's multiple ways of doing this and has been posted here already. seems like after all these years, you still don't know how an .htaccess file work ranjamcom?