Join Free

View Poll Results: Prefered way grid view and list view work.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Admin Option

1 33.33%
  • User Option

2 66.67%
  • Depending on searchQuery Length (Talked about more in thread)

0 0%
  • Other (List it in the thread)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Capture recent product searches and widget to put them in.

Not quite as simple as it sounds on the surface. You would want to be able to delete duplicates and unrelated searches. You would probably want to have a list of banned words. You may want to be able to 'salt' the list with your own keyword search terms. You would want to limit both the length of the search term and the number of searches stored, how many to show and what order to show them (most recent, most used, random).

On some of my sites, I have built long lists of keyword 'search terms' (sometimes in the 100's) to use instead of capturing real searches. Even though I may have hundreds of keyword search terms, I randomly show only 10 or 20 at a time. This gives Google something more to crawl each vist. Over time they see all my search keywords and crawl the pages.

Maybe a widget could have a 'use these terms' box with a 'in addition to captured searches' or 'instead of' capturing searches option.
    Last edited by bigshell; 07-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigshell View Post
    Capture recent product searches and widget to put them in.

Not quite as simple as it sounds on the surface. You would want to be able to delete duplicates and unrelated searches. You would probably want to have a list of banned words. You may want to be able to 'salt' the list with your own keyword search terms. You would want to limit both the length of the search term and the number of searches stored, how many to show and what order to show them (most recent, most used, random).

On some of my sites, I have built long lists of keyword 'search terms' (sometimes in the 100's) to use instead of capturing real searches. Even though I may have hundreds of keyword search terms, I randomly show only 10 or 20 at a time. This gives Google something more to crawl each vist. Over time they see all my search keywords and crawl the pages.

Maybe a widget could have a 'use these terms' box with a 'in addition to captured searches' or 'instead of' capturing searches option.
    I had done something close to this in the first Vbulletin Product Search, I could try it out with WordPress as well.

I also much prefer a grid view to a list view. Sites like Pinterest are training folks to use a grid. Allowing the visitor a choice is good, but I would like to default to grid.
    Definitely on my list, I want to get a grid view going as well as maybe allow people to build templates for the shop face. All in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent Brandon View Post
    All in due time.
    I hear ya!

I hope you don't mind my throwing stuff out there. I know it all takes time.

For me, price range (global and search page) is high on my list. Along with that, some kind of template so we can do our own layouts.

When reviews/ratings become available that will probably climb to the top.

I hope you don't mind my throwing stuff out there. I know it all takes time.

When reviews/ratings become available that will probably climb to the top.
    Not at all. I love the feedback, anyway to make the plugin better could help it appeal to more people.

And most likely, it would be a great addition to the plugin I believe, I have a few ideas for them.

K, so I didn't realize you were actually marking things off as I went in this one. : ) But to make it easier on you I made a Feature Request post, its locked so I'll update it every so often with new requests and show what I'm doing at the current moment.

Blog Entries
    Templates.
    Template selector in admin menu.

Templates might be as simple as removing both the hard <style=""> info and <table> in the php files and having a unique selector name for everything.

productBlock0 comes up in [compare]
    productBlock comes up in traditional search results.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

Blog Entries
    - Based on the info in this thread (http://community.prosperent.com/show...ull=1#post9106), the ability for [compare] to handle an $array for q when this feature rolls out in the API.

- Base templates on some html5 boilerplate, such as http://html5blank.com/ or something else already in use for WP themes in general. This will allow existing template developers for WP themes to expand their existing code to incorporate the Prosperent plugin, and it would allow for designing an entire WP theme around the store. Where an entire WP theme also includes a store by default, serve one CSS file instead. Use jQuery to change #container selectors from list view to grid view.

- Need to add local caching of Prosperent data with automatic clean up. Include the ability to cache images to be hosted from the publisher's server directly. The initial request for an image could be masked, and the second request could come from the publisher's server. If Prosperent ever updates the image, perhaps the plugin could look for a new flag in the API that would signal a download of the new image. (As this plugin gets more traction, this will ease the burden on Prosperent's servers and keep Brian happy.) if several domains share the same server, perhaps the image directory could be a single directory accessible to all the domains. We could always use CSS to resize images on our end so there would be little need to download multiple versions of the same file from Prosperent. This would save on http requests too.

- Enable query suggestions.

Blog Entries
    - Ability to change button text from "Visit Store" to something else defined in the admin menu.
    - Ability to define this text uniquely for product search result pages, individual product pages, coupon result pages, local deal pages, and celebrity pages respectively.

Blog Entries
    - Modify $typeSelector to include Trends.
    -- Remove trends listing when no products; change "No results found" to show results from Query suggestion.
    - Ability to list trends according City/State.
    - Ability to filter coupons according to brand & show brand logo.
    -- Add Coupon Title to img alt and to a href title.
    -- Ability to list only those coupons having a valid coupon code.
    -- Ability to list only those coupons having a valid expiration date.
    Last edited by NiTe; 08-04-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Got yours added to the list nite. The only one that I didn't was:

- Ability to filter coupons according to brand & show brand logo.

Coupons actually cannot be filtered by brand, at this time. I'll look into it and see if its something that can be added, but merchant is the only available facet/filter for coupons.