Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Coupon API how to correctly filter

I’ve been playing around with the coupon API for a while, but I am drawing a blank.

I have a beauty products coupon site (coupons for make up, fragrances, cosmetics. skin care, etc.)

Now, what I am trying to accomplish is to query the coupon API so that I get back high quality coupons related to beauty products.

For my purposes a coupon is “high quality” if it provides some saving such as a discount or free gift, or free shipping etc.

So I want to make sure that the coupons returned from my query are:

1) related to beauty products and
    2) provide some explicit saving or benefit.

Following is a query I have tried, but which returns lots of extraneous results.

http://api.prosperent.com/api/coupon/search?api_key=<my api key>&limit=100&visitor_ip=127.0.0.1&filterCity=nul l&filterMerchant=!LivingSocial&filterPromo=!null&e xtendedQuery=%22beauty%22

I tried to use the category filter, hoping that there was a “beauty” category, but no luck.

So, my question is, what query would you use to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thank you in advance,

Mark at onestopshoppinglist dot com

Try &filterCategory=*beauty*

http://api.prosperent.com/api/coupon...egory=*beauty*

That call gives results but not with the other filters you are applying, so it looks like we don't have coupons matching beauty where city=null and merchant!=LivingSocial

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

Unfortunately for me, that query returns lots of local services.

What I am trying to accomplish is to filter out local services (beauty salons, day spas etc. )

I'm trying to filter in real products sold on the Internet.

How would I accomplish that?