Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filter for IP?

Filter for IP?

Is there anyway to add filter to analytics such that clicks from our development efforts are not tracked/reported?

That's really something you would want to do on your end in your development environment. You can setup conditions to prevent clicks from going through that originate from a set list of ip's. I would hate to add a check on our end since we have thousands of clicks coming through each second. Slowing those down, by even a fraction of a second impacts performance and user experience quite a bit.

What I do when developing, is to cache a copy of the data (copy/paste it to a file, and read the file instead of hitting the end-point)

Comes in handy when processing data and getting that right. Once that's sorted, I switch to calling the API again and run a few more tests.

That way I'm not endlessly hitting the end-point.

Another thing you could do is to setup a specific API key for your development efforts. This way you can just exclude that key (or campaign now?) from the analytics

Thanks. Ultimately we'll likely get an integration and staging server set up, along with the production version. But hopefully that is some time off