Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracking clicks

Tracking clicks

Is it possible to see where clicks came from in the reporting? Or only where commissions came from? Referring url / API key.

Only commissions. We don't currently report click data (too much data to report in realtime in a meaningful way)

Any change on this Brian?

I would really like to drag my clicks out as well as commission for my own reporting admin panel.

No change yet. It's something we can reevaluate in a few months, but right now our plates are full with everything else.

Understand how full your plates are, developing this incredible product. Just want to chime in with my vote for click tracking. Helps us evaluate our performance and make adjustments for better (hopefully) sales. Now that I'm playing around with the plugin some more, I saw a tiny few clicks and I'm happy. But knowing which site they came from and maybe even what page would be great.

Thanks for everything you do!
    Sylvia

It's not a big deal implementing click tracking by yourself

Here is a very simple method using jQuery to track any outbound links on your site: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...script-and-php

It's up to you what you want to send and how you log it on your side, but that's the power and beauty of DIY

um...it is if you have no idea what that is, what it does and most importantly...where it goes. DIY is great if it doesn't create more steps (more work) for you. But when an application is being built and you work in the steps you (and others) want, then it saves time and work. But thanks, hopefully others can use that info.

sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by boutiqueshops View Post
    um...it is if you have no idea what that is, what it does and most importantly...where it goes. DIY is great if it doesn't create more steps (more work) for you. But when an application is being built and you work in the steps you (and others) want, then it saves time and work. But thanks, hopefully others can use that info.

sylvia
    I guess my passion for learning new things doesn't ring true to others as well. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    It's not a big deal implementing click tracking by yourself

Here is a very simple method using jQuery to track any outbound links on your site: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...script-and-php

It's up to you what you want to send and how you log it on your side, but that's the power and beauty of DIY
    That is exactly what I have implemented! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    I guess my passion for learning new things doesn't ring true to others as well. Carry on.
    I have great passion for learning new things. I learn a great deal of new things every day. One of the things I've learned is to use tools that will save you the most amount of time while costing you the least amount of work. I wasn't the only one looking for click tracking; I merely chimed in my support for it to become a part of the reporting system in some way, in the future.

You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. Your comment is not appreciated.