Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Larger Images?

Larger Images?

Hey guys, have you put any thought into providing images larger than 250x250 in the API?

It would be nice to get some nice huge jonesy images

I have actually been thinking about this. The only difficulty is really the fact that many merchants don't offer larger images. We could offer an "original" image size perhaps? I would love some feedback on the subject from you guys.

I prefer Prosperent handling that for us. Once it's an original size it could be anything from a 3x3 image to a 21093812038x2190386723898 image. Merchants are inconsiderate/inconsistent douchebags at best (even though we bring them a ton of business)

Whenever I need bigger images I usually just google it to update my sites manually. Not a big deal since my landing page usually needs the bigger ones, but meh

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    I prefer Prosperent handling that for us. Once it's an original size it could be anything from a 3x3 image to a 21093812038x2190386723898 image. Merchants are inconsiderate/inconsistent douchebags at best (even though we bring them a ton of business)

Whenever I need bigger images I usually just google it to update my sites manually. Not a big deal since my landing page usually needs the bigger ones, but meh
    What if we introduce a few other larger sizes then? What sizes would you like to see?

Given the option I would like to see 400x400 and 600x600

I would love to see this, and let me be a huge pain and say alt images as well. Either if provided or by UPC related products.

Anything around a 500x500 would prob be about as large for an on page display as I would use unless I added some sort of zoom feature then i would take a size larger than you would want to serv. 1000+ x 1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent Andrew View Post
    What if we introduce a few other larger sizes then? What sizes would you like to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekgrin View Post
    Given the option I would like to see 400x400 and 600x600
    Personally, I think that would be perfect. You guys have done a GREAT job of cleaning up images. Most of them are nice and crisp

I don't see an issue with that. We have a new NAS storage server on the way that has around 7TB of SAS storage capacity, so we should have plenty of room for the new sizes.

I vote for 500X500 and 1000+ x 1000+,
    the 1000+ x 1000+ image is used when visitors hover on the 500 x 500 image, I really want to make that zoom-on-hover functionality just like Amazon has

Going with larger images means that more of the images will not be high quality. A lot of the merchants don't provide us a large image, so enlarging a smaller image will provide lower quality. So as usual, you guys will need to report images that are NOT high quality so that we can programmatically change the path to their larger image. There just may be a lot more than usual.