Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

query or filter_*

Which is better to use?

I see query takes more or less the same as the filter_* ones?

When will I use the one above the other?

If filtering, use filter. The only difference is that query will search multiple fields, ie. keyword, category, etc. Filter will only search the field that is being filtered. Also, since query searches multiple fields, you may end up with additional unexpected results.

That being said, you may want to use query to have it search the additional fields instead of searching only the keyword field via filterKeyword.

Just making sure, if I include multiple filters, I get the relevant data and can be more specific with the result I get back. Query can then be used as a "dirty search" in a way?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Just making sure, if I include multiple filters, I get the relevant data and can be more specific with the result I get back. Query can then be used as a "dirty search" in a way?
    Correct. Just keep in mind that query searches fields specific to the endpoint, so it won't search the same fields in the merchant endpoint as the product endpoint. Also, not all filters are searched when using query.