Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Where Is The CatalogId of Most Sold Item?

I'm playing around with trend endpoint, and a bit confused. Why the catalogid of most sold item does not show up like in the following image?

Qestion no.2 : is the limit just 100? I hope it's 1000 ..

http://prntscr.com/42wmtu

Here is my simple code :

PHP Code:
    require('prosperent_api_v1.php');

$prosperentApi = new Prosperent_Api(array(

'api_key' => 'xxx',

'commissionDateRange' => '20140702,20140702',

'limit' => 1000,
    ));
    $data $prosperentApi->fetchTrends();

echo 
    '<pre>';
    print_r($data);
    echo 
    '</pre>'

The catalogId is null. The trends API pulls from the commission data and not all commissions have a catalogId, ie. LinkAffiliator.

Does that mean that high number represents a number of products? not just a single product?

In your example, there are 347 records that have a null catalogId. 9 records that have catalogId df900b...

I mean, Does the 347 represent a single product OR a number of products? because the gap is so wide between the 347 record and the next record, I'm assuming the 347 record consists of several products.

It does not consist of any products. It represents 347 commissions that do not have a catalogId. Anything that uses deeplinking, ie. LinkAffiliator, etc. is not tied to a product but can still result in a commission, therefore the null catalogId.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent Andrew View Post
    It does not consist of any products. It represents 347 commissions that do not have a catalogId. Anything that uses deeplinking, ie. LinkAffiliator, etc. is not tied to a product but can still result in a commission, therefore the null catalogId.
    Okay? Wouldn't you agree then that showing a null catalogId is kind of useless since we don't know what product it sold, and the trends end-point is to help us find/show popular products being bought by people?

Or is there a reason why a null catalogId shows up that benefits us that we're just not seeing how we can use it to our advantage to make more sales?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Or is there a reason why a null catalogId shows up that benefits us that we're just not seeing how we can use it to our advantage to make more sales?
    What if you are trying to determine most trending merchant? You would want all commissions made from that merchant...

If you don't want the null catalogIds displaying, thats what the filters are for... filterCalatogId=!null

We try to give you the data as raw as possible. We don't want to make any assumptions on how you would use the data and allow you to manipulate it as you please.

@Andrew : Could you please increase the limit, so I could get >100 records

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent Andrew View Post
    What if you are trying to determine most trending merchant? You would want all commissions made from that merchant...

If you don't want the null catalogIds displaying, thats what the filters are for... filterCalatogId=!null

We try to give you the data as raw as possible. We don't want to make any assumptions on how you would use the data and allow you to manipulate it as you please.
    Makes sense; Wouldn't I then be looking at the Merchant node on the Trends and not the catalogId node for that?

I understand where you're coming from, I have the same philosophy, and only you guys would know the code behind bringing these things out, but it makes sense to me to exclude null values in nodes within the end-point that doesn't look at something as specific as a productId or a catalogId (because there would be no data for it). In that way you'd still get the trending Merchants even though they might not necessarily have products in your database, and still return valid products that are trending without the programmer to have to now have to do 2 queries, one to exclude the null value and one to just look at the overall Merchants.

Anyway...boobs