Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I said picky and choosy as i have other projects running apart from prosperent using both old and new domains, even with old domains Bing does not seem to like them.

If you haven't tried Facebook Ads, give those a try. They've got some crazy powerful elements with demographic targeting. They've also recently added the ability to add a pixel that will allow you to show different ads to visitors who have been to certain pages on your site. I have several campaigns that are costing less that $0.01 per click. You can either have them lead to a facebook page or directly to a url.

If you'd like me to put together a training video on this, I'd be happy to.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

I'm interested with Facebook Ads, and definitely love to watch the training video ..

I don't want to rely only from google's traffic. While Bing is still picky, it would be great to use Facebook ..

I have had great experience with Facebook Ads. They are so inexpensive! That probably won't always be the case, they'll pull a fast one just like Google did. Facebook has already done it once, and they will again. That's why we are really emphasizing building up content on your own site and building an email list so you aren't relying on any third party for your traffic. You need to own your audience!!

I'll put that video together this week and send it out as part of the Content Marketing Kickstart. If you aren't already receiving the emails, you can sign up here: http://blog.prosperent.com/our-new-service/

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent ashley View Post
    I have had great experience with Facebook Ads. They are so inexpensive! That probably won't always be the case, they'll pull a fast one just like Google did. Facebook has already done it once, and they will again. That's why we are really emphasizing building up content on your own site and building an email list so you aren't relying on any third party for your traffic. You need to own your audience!!

I'll put that video together this week and send it out as part of the Content Marketing Kickstart. If you aren't already receiving the emails, you can sign up here: http://blog.prosperent.com/our-new-service/
    Is this beta program still going on?

Don't think it ever started since I signed up and never got any response or updates as far as I remember

We ran through the whole series with videos and posts several months ago

What is the latest regarding this topic? That is, say I have a 1000 pages on my site, some help users find coupons or products through the API. Others are specific pages for merchants, listing their coupons and products. Nothing unique--all from the API. This is not a 'niche' site. It is an aggregate site. My understanding is the Google may or may not de-index a site like this..

In any case, it is impractical to put textual unique content on every page, nor do my users necessarily care. They may simply want to easily find a coupon to use or a product to buy. So, what hope is there that the site and all the pages on it won't get de-indexed? What can I actually do to keep that from happening? Would it help to have a blog embedded into the site, and maybe have every page link to it? Or do I need to start up a 'user comments' on every page on the site too? Or would both of those not be enough? I'm worried that my focus on 'local' coupons is going to be all for naught because the site has all of those affiliate online coupons and products.
    Last edited by tedm; 04-06-2015 at 12:40 PM.

It certainly don't hurt to have a blog or forum associated with the site. I doubt you will get deindexed with an aggregate site, but you aren't going to rank well either unless you have people backlinking to your site, or sharing it via social. Building a site is 1/10th of the picture. From there you need a marketing plan.