Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    It's jeep's fault for using a keyword like bikini anyway

You might simply go with a more descriptive root word for your site like swimwear. I merged the plural and non plural forms of the word bikini, but the two product sets still merge together as expected. I can't filter one or the other because both are correct. A bikini can be part of an auto accessory or a piece of clothing, and without that distinction, you get both mixed. Swimwear on the other hand is a more descriptive root word for the targeted phrase.

Plurals are a difficult one to tackle because the english language has no set way to structure them. Take cactus and cacti, or deer versus deer. So, we take these on one at a time.

Blog Entries
    "sex swings" returns results unrelated to sex swings, just regular ol' front porch swings that grandma and grandpa would use.

http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/s...2Fproducts.php
    Last edited by NiTe; 07-03-2011 at 09:42 AM.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

shhh, dont give away the good niches.

Blog Entries
    "automotive air conditioner parts" returns air conditioners that are mounted to the window of your house.

http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/s...2Fproducts.php

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

In the automotive world it looks like all of the manufacturers call it ac instead of spelling out air conditioner. I can probably merge the two.

edit: On second thought, I don't know that I want to merge those. AC is the abbreviation for alternating current, and I don't want those two result sets merged. I may not touch that one.

That's a plural versus non plural issue. I'll remap the two words. While i'm at it, I will merge the different forms of textbook as well (text book, text books, textbook, textbooks, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent Brian View Post
    In the automotive world it looks like all of the manufacturers call it ac instead of spelling out air conditioner. I can probably merge the two.

edit: On second thought, I don't know that I want to merge those. AC is the abbreviation for alternating current, and I don't want those two result sets merged. I may not touch that one.
    That's easy enough to change on our end knowing that and if we're running a niche like that...

Yeah, when using seed words to build a site, your best bet is to try a couple variations that you would commonly expect to see. There are times when it may be an actual query we need to manipulate, but that will let you know that ahead of time usually.