Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    excellent, thanks jangro, I'll check it out!

Acid, you were talking about a page I would be creating on my site, weren't you? If it is just a link to my site I would expect FB to link properly to it from my biz page...since thats the url FB has for my biz page..maybe I totally misunderstood what you meant cause I'm not seeing the shareist connection with something like that..unless you just mean I should be able to put my site page link onto shareist to link an ad to.
    Last edited by tedm; 12-11-2014 at 03:53 PM.

jangro: "When you go to do the actual sharing, you'll also see any pages you're an admin for, as well as groups, to choose from."

It pulls up my personal page, and 2 groups, but it didn't pull up my business page, which I"m an admin for. At least that's how it is looking. Any thoughts?

I'll have to take a look at it. I'm pretty sure I see your account. Stay tuned...

tedm, Facebook's API is really returning no accounts data for your access key.

Code:
    {
       "data": [

]
    }
    Maybe permissions didn't get granted properly when you connected. Can you try disconnecting FB and connecting again please?

btw, groups is a different open graph request and that's working.

Do you mean log off and then back on to FB? I just did. I'm currently logged into my personal fb account.

If you mean on Shareist, I only clicked on FB after choosing a Prosperent product, but I never shared it--it pulled up my personal and 2 groups and since it didn't pull up my biz page I didn't do anything else. I did just now repeat that so it displaying those and asks me to select one but still no biz page. In FB there is no sign of my business page on my personal page that I see (there used to be but it suddenly disappeared a month or so ago). But, if I click "manage business" it goes to my biz page, and if I click settings there it shows me as the administrator. If I need to do something else, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tedm; 12-11-2014 at 05:24 PM.

I mean remove Facebook and reconnect it in Shareist, here: http://www.shareist.com/connect

Also, be sure to log in with your personal FB account, not a separate business page login if you have one of those.

Thanks jangro! That worked, and it posted to my biz page--looks good.

However, I am a bit wary of having agreed to let Shareist manage my facebook. I don't know what that really means.

It just means you can post to Facebook via shareist. No big deal

Quote Originally Posted by tedm View Post
    excellent, thanks jangro, I'll check it out!

Acid, you were talking about a page I would be creating on my site, weren't you? If it is just a link to my site I would expect FB to link properly to it from my biz page...since thats the url FB has for my biz page..maybe I totally misunderstood what you meant cause I'm not seeing the shareist connection with something like that..unless you just mean I should be able to put my site page link onto shareist to link an ad to.
    facebook -> shareist OR your site -> prosperent

facebook pulls images etc off of shareist OR your site in the post because they don't see prosperent.com in the domain name in the link you attach to the post