Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Ability to detect if API key is in our downline?

I'm developing a script right now and would like to release it only to those who sign up with Prosperent through my affiliate link. The process would be that they would create a Prosperent account, create an API key, and input their API key. My site would then send an API query to Prosperent along with their API key. If their API key is part of my downline, meaning that they did indeed use my affiliate link, then they would have the ability to download the script.

I know you guys are busy, but if this could happen it would be much appreciated.

All I would need is a "0" or "1" result from the API.

Thanks.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

This was already suggested. You have a "User ID" that they can give you, which Brian will check manually for now. Not sure what the Prosperent boys are up to, but they're constantly busy, this would be a nice addition so we can check down-lines because I have a similar idea for giving incentives to my list of subscribers if they sign up

Blog Entries
    I know that the Prosperent team is against the idea of giving us personal details of our downline for privacy reasons. And that's a good thing. However, returning a true/false to whether an API key or a UserID falls within our downline exposes no such personal details, and provides a method for those further up the line to help those down the line. Hopefully, this will work out for everyone's benefit. If a script developer creates something and will release it on the condition that the user signs up with Prosperent, then the script developer has an incentive to keep developing, and Prosperent gains a new user. WIN/WIN in my book.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

Yup, Brian is aware of this. We discussed it a few weeks ago with potpiegirl wanting the same feature (which I've asked for previously as well, of course I wanted to have the ability to mail them too, which is why it wasn't considered in the first place)

But I can always build up my own mail list and control it through there.