Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    adding to what acidrazor said:

1. data feeds - as we talked before, this could be prosperent biggest advantage over your competitors. i don't know whether or not you'll be blocked by some merchants (and i assume that there is a workaround / a way to get this approved by the merchant) but scraping content to create your data feed is the most advanced solution I've heard of so far.. you get real time clean product data, and you can also quite easily pull reviews and all kind's of other stuff. aside from these great benefits, you don't have to rely on the merchants to update their data feed, which i believe is one of the biggest issues to deal with.

2. getting better rates from merchants + making commissions rates a lot more transparent and easy to understand - basically, this is the only disadvantage that prosperent has comparing to skimlinks and viglink from my point of view. your analytics is better, your support team is much better (despite being a lot smaller in size), your api is by far easier to handle and there's a lot more positive things down this list.. but i must they that your competitors have much better commission rates + access to many other merchants. i can't say that for all verticals, but i know this for a fact regarding the fashion online retailers (which i believe comprise most of the traffic & money for VL, SL and you guys)... search for "commission increase" in the prosperent forum.. last time was in August 2014 (way too long ago).. this is something your competitors take a lot of pride of, and rightly so.. from a business point of view, i think not putting enough attention there can also be a drawback for many potential new users as most bloggers that don't know how to monetize their website and are looking for a service like yours, are eventually interested in making as much as money possible. and when you don't have competitive commission rates, you'll probably lose..

in my opinion - if you put these two (data feeds and commissions rates) in the top of your list 2015, this would be a great year for all of us... and btw - happy new year!

1) datafeeds are already a big priority.

2) We already hired someone full time that is working with merchants for higher commissions. The biggest issue we have is getting rid of the garbage sites that a lot of people are creating so merchants will work with us. We're working on that now.

Just to let you know I am not ignoring this thread Brian and will come back to you with some thoughts!!! :-)

1) datafeeds are already a big priority.

2) We already hired someone full time that is working with merchants for higher commissions. The biggest issue we have is getting rid of the garbage sites that a lot of people are creating so merchants will work with us. We're working on that now.
    sounds great!

btw Brian - you probably thought about this already, but maybe its worth changing the method of sites approval so that before a site can use your platform, it needs to be manually reviewed by someone in your team for approval.. this should also apply to people that already have an account at prosperent and add a new site to the same account..

We're already hand reviewing every domain that is in our system. We allow you guys to classify your own site, but we also have internal criteria we look at. The review process started this morning. We rolled out the ability to start filtering merchants from people last night.

So we are filtering now?

Can we please get some update on whats going on with this

You will, once we actually filter anything. We haven't posted about it because we aren't doing it yet. We are manually reviewing your sites and classifying them. Once that is done, we will start the filtering.

are we able to see how you are classifying sites?

it might help us know what would count as more content, thicker sites ...

I mean i can easily use apis and jam wordpress sites onto mine lol

It's an internal evaluation. If you see merchants filtered in your account (when that rolls out), you can always inquire as to why.