Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You can filter by all of that with the api already. We just need a feel for what the majority of users would like for the wordpress plugin. On the merchant side, very few supply any size or color data, and very few have any specs. We're working on enriching our data ourselves, but I don't have an eta on that. It's an ongoing process which is starting with our normalized categories (also not supplied by any retailers)

This type of thread popped up before hey... or am I going crazy?

There's loads of suggestions in the forums. Added to what ekgrin said, having product data in the trends would be nice, saves me an additional API call, even though I've already compensated for it in code, 1 less call is 1 less call

How about multiple queries in one call. So as a bad example: shoes & belts. Sometimes I know that a query might only have a few results so it would be nice to bunch some of those together.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    This type of thread popped up before hey... or am I going crazy?

There's loads of suggestions in the forums. Added to what ekgrin said, having product data in the trends would be nice, saves me an additional API call, even though I've already compensated for it in code, 1 less call is 1 less call
    We do a thread like this every few months. Keeping track of every suggestion in the forum is impossible, so having things in one place makes life much easier for us. If you have a suggestion, post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by andyscraven View Post
    How about multiple queries in one call. So as a bad example: shoes & belts. Sometimes I know that a query might only have a few results so it would be nice to bunch some of those together.
    We have that ability on our side, so we may be able to make that available to you guys as well. As an added benefit, our search engine is able to perform some optimizations internally which make multiple queries like that faster than they would be if sent over individually. It would also cut down on a network round trip/.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    We have that ability on our side, so we may be able to make that available to you guys as well. As an added benefit, our search engine is able to perform some optimizations internally which make multiple queries like that faster than they would be if sent over individually. It would also cut down on a network round trip/.
    Great news Brian.

this is not so much on product but how to use. I downloaded the prospersuite and use it on my site, but after that I have no knowledge of api or whatever, I don't even understand most terms. I would love to see some how to's on what each product is and how to use it for us younger website starters.

If you are using wordpress, there is no need to use the api. Have you checked out our youtube channel? We have quite a few videos up covering various topics related to the wordpress plugin: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProsperentOfficial

We are always adding new video's as well. We should have some in the coming days.