Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POST message

POST message

I'm testing out the plugin and I got this message when I click the merchant button.

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

Also, I don't see my domain under YOUR SITES in the NETWORK PROFILE.

Any suggestions?

This issue popped up several times already. Prosperent Brandon, could you please change the <form> you use for the buttons to do a GET instead of a POST when redirecting to the affiliate links?

@AMM89 you should be able to do this, but I think if they patch the plugin again, it will break again. This is because cross-domain form posting is sometimes disallowed due to security reasons and for good reason. I think Brandon "fixed" it last time by opening up their server to allow for this, but obviously someone changed the setting back to default?

I dunno, all I know is changing from POST to GET in the <form> solves this issue as you don't need a form post to do what you need to do

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    This issue popped up several times already. Prosperent Brandon, could you please change the <form> you use for the buttons to do a GET instead of a POST when redirecting to the affiliate links?

@AMM89 you should be able to do this, but I think if they patch the plugin again, it will break again. This is because cross-domain form posting is sometimes disallowed due to security reasons and for good reason. I think Brandon "fixed" it last time by opening up their server to allow for this, but obviously someone changed the setting back to default?

I dunno, all I know is changing from POST to GET in the <form> solves this issue as you don't need a form post to do what you need to do
    We have never modified our servers top allow POST. I would have bee the one to do that.

If you don't mind me asking, where in wordpress do I change the form code to GET?
    Last edited by AMM89; 04-13-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    We have never modified our servers top allow POST. I would have bee the one to do that.
    I probably misremember then (lol)

http://community.prosperent.com/show...highlight=POST

i saw that thread but where can I edit the form at? im stuck. i see the form in source code but i dont know where can i edit it in wordpress or ftp.

It depends which page it is, I saw they did fix it in code, try editing this: includes/views/prospersearch/productPage.php

you'll find a form in there (everything is in one line in their github) with a "POST". The visit store buttons are input buttons, so if you press it it will fire the form, and the form POST's instead of GET. If it solves the issue, let us know, otherwise give me a specific page on your site that has the issue so I can try trace it for you. (also, make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin please)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    It depends which page it is, I saw they did fix it in code, try editing this: includes/views/prospersearch/productPage.php

you'll find a form in there (everything is in one line in their github) with a "POST". The visit store buttons are input buttons, so if you press it it will fire the form, and the form POST's instead of GET. If it solves the issue, let us know, otherwise give me a specific page on your site that has the issue so I can try trace it for you. (also, make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin please)
    Ok I changed each form's POST to GET and i still get the POST issue. This is the link to the product page lifestylebuff.com/products

Did you use their product insert functionality there? Or is this the default shop/search thing?

There's a lot of other places where it "POST", and remember check for the form within <div class="prosperVisit"> <form class="shopCheck"

/includes/views/prosperinsert/insertProd.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/original.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/productPage.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/themes/OldProducts/product.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/themes/SingleFile/product.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/themes/Default/original.php
    /includes/views/prospersearch/themes/Default/product.php
    /includes/widgets/TopProductsWidget.php
    /includes/widgets/ProductInsertWidget.php