Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Merchant exclusions are now visible in your account

If a merchant has excluded your site from their program we now show you why in your account. Log in and head to reports > Excluded Merchants (https://prosperent.com/account/site/excludedmerchants)

We show you the merchant name, the site being excluded, and the reason if the merchant has provided a reason.

Quick tip. Some merchants don't work with unreviewed sites, or unknown sites. Our plugins and ads send over your site information automatically, but anyone using any of our api's needs to make sure the required field "location" is set with each api request.

This one is important becuse more and more merchants will be blocking this soon. Right now Fanatics does, and I expect 6pm, zappos, and nordstrom to all follow.

Yes I noticed that Fanatics has blocked my sites...

In follow-up to your message, I am using your plugin on my sites and am confused as to what 'location' field you are referring to? I also noticed that in the Comission reports under 'Interface' they are all listed as API; the plugin?

Please clarify for all those newbies like me, trying to get my head round all this API stuff...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    Quick tip. Some merchants don't work with unreviewed sites, or unknown sites. Our plugins and ads send over your site information automatically, but anyone using any of our api's needs to make sure the required field "location" is set with each api request.

This one is important becuse more and more merchants will be blocking this soon. Right now Fanatics does, and I expect 6pm, zappos, and nordstrom to all follow.
    @Brian, I download feeds using the API and then process them at my end and create my websites using the processed feeds. Please tell me what am I supposed to do to fulfill your location requirements. I do not use the API in live mode

I see fanatics is blocking a known site. Is this because it wasn't reviewed yet?

That's probably it, yes.

We're working through unreviewed sites as quickly as possible in priority order of revenue and click activity.

Quote Originally Posted by germanguyuk View Post
    Yes I noticed that Fanatics has blocked my sites...

In follow-up to your message, I am using your plugin on my sites and am confused as to what 'location' field you are referring to? I also noticed that in the Comission reports under 'Interface' they are all listed as API; the plugin?

Please clarify for all those newbies like me, trying to get my head round all this API stuff...

Thanks
    Per my post above yours, if you use the plugin, you don't need to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ekgrin View Post
    @Brian, I download feeds using the API and then process them at my end and create my websites using the processed feeds. Please tell me what am I supposed to do to fulfill your location requirements. I do not use the API in live mode
    Make sure you are setting the proper location on clicks. We also attempt to grab it ourselves when a click goes through. If in your reporting your domain comes up as null, you need to set it. If the domain comes up properly as the actual domain, you don't need to do anything.

For Fanatics, they only want to work with rich content sites. If you have a thin site, a coupon site, drive traffic via ppc, they don't want to work with you.

Make sure you are setting the proper location on clicks. We also attempt to grab it ourselves when a click goes through. If in your reporting your domain comes up as null, you need to set it. If the domain comes up properly as the actual domain, you don't need to do anything.
    I checked the commission reports, its shows my domain name under http_host and the page uri under the uri columns properly. So I presume that I don't need to do anything else for this issue.