Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Merchant Exclusion Questions

What does "Profile Type: Email" mean in the merchant exclusion list as a reason?

I'm also picking up search-compareshop.co.uk and subdomain.search-compareshop.co.uk on the list

I don't own those domains at all. Why are they on the list?

"Email" is likely left over from a previous review where we relied more heavily on your own declared marketing methods. A re-review will likely eliminate that. We'll do that for you.

The domains that appear in the list are automatically generated based on http_referer data for traffic including your API key. So, copied, cached, links posted to social media, etc. can all result in sites that you don't own being included in the list.

We're evaluating how to get these cleaned up for you, but in the meantime, they are not causing any harm.

I find eBay Stores in my list of excluded merchant. The reason provided is "Merchant need referrer data." Why this reason has been given is a mystry as all my sites provide referrer data to the clicks and even prosperent has them on record. Please chevk.

Quote Originally Posted by ekgrin View Post
    I find eBay Stores in my list of excluded merchant. The reason provided is "Merchant need referrer data." Why this reason has been given is a mystry as all my sites provide referrer data to the clicks and even prosperent has them on record. Please chevk.
    I actually don't see any reasons for being excluded from merchant sites... ?

Merchant exclusions are on a PER SITE basis. If you have an exclusion, it lists the specific site that is excluded. Not all merchants give a reason. Any new site you build, or any site not listed can still promote those merchants.

I still dont get the referrer data remark

It means at least 1 click has come through your account with no referrer information, so any clicks that don't include that are excluded from those merchants. If you send over a referrer for the majority of your clicks, then nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    It means at least 1 click has come through your account with no referrer information, so any clicks that don't include that are excluded from those merchants. If you send over a referrer for the majority of your clicks, then nothing to worry about.
    So does this mean their products will still show in the API, only that you won't direct the traffic to them if the referrer isn't set? I thought that would mean the merchant would entirely disappear from the result list if it was excluded

eBay Stores I presume is a new merchant, and it lists all my existing and earlier (now gone) sites in the exclusion list. I don't understand this, I have never promoted ebay Stores, so sending clicks to them without a referrer seems a bit weird.

unfortunately i don't own bing.com lol