Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by affi View Post
    At the same time how it is possible to confirm if the the USER ID is not duplicate. The existing members may register a duplicate account (although there is risk of losing account) to get your script for free. We need to know Are those USER ID's are already approved after checking for duplicate account?
    I see what you're saying, and it's a legitimate point. I'm sure that Prosperent is rigorous about sniffing out those attempting to game the system as well. It's in their interest, as well as ours, to prevent duplicate ids from registering. It might be worth while to put a time-delay between a user putting in their id and releasing the software. I'm not certain whether or not Prosperent has a delay of their own while where they sniff out those attempting to game the system.
    Last edited by NiTe; 07-07-2015 at 09:07 PM.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

I'm sure I'm missing something, but what does it matter if someone is signed up twice or more? The Prosperent folks will nip that in the bud and take care of it from their end. For me, I just want an easier way to conform that someone DID sign up under me so I can offer them whatever it is I will offer Right now, it's manual. They will have to send me their Prosperent ID number, and I'll have to find it. CTRL F lol! No, not the sexiest way to do it, but it works.

This is a FREE plugin that enables me and my folks to have an additional income stream from their sites. That ain't nothing but a good thing =)

Now, if I was offering people cash or something for signing up under me, then yes, I'd have a problem with duplicate accounts or other ways of gaming the system.

But otherwise, what does it matter? (other than they could lose ALL their accounts when the boys at Prosperent find out)

I'm sure I missed something - and my apologies if I missed a pertinent point.

Jennifer
    ~PotPieGirl

PS - Hey, NITe.... you're the aFeeds guy? I literally just looked at your site last night. I was looking for a better way to do Amazon RSS feeds (with aff links in tact) and stumbled on your site. Looks good... but way over my head...lol!

Dynamite idea! I can put it to use right away.

@ppg213 You get a 5% commission for each sale that user makes on their account. If you have someone who makes several hundred a month already, and want your software (or ideas or PDF's), they create a new account by signing up under you just to get what they want and then move on to their "main" account.

I'm not sure if Prosperent will ban all of their accounts, possibly just the duplicate one, but Brian can confirm their policy on that.

For the systems I'm writing (and I'm sure where NiTe is alluding to) is that if we have an incentive or free piece of software or PDF that we want to give to gain some of those 5% commissions as an additional kickback, we need to make sure these users are legitimately signing up with a primary account, otherwise it's a waste of time for us and the only thing we really do is build an email list we can't really market to since they're already existing members gaining the system. If effort outweighs the benefit, you soon start to realize that your energy is better spent elsewhere.

Duplicate accounts are our issue, not yours. We close duplicate accounts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ppg213 View Post
    PS - Hey, NITe.... you're the aFeeds guy? I literally just looked at your site last night. I was looking for a better way to do Amazon RSS feeds (with aff links in tact) and stumbled on your site. Looks good... but way over my head...lol!
    Lol, the site's rather new. I didn't expect anything to happen with it for a few months. Right now, I'm just publishing original articles to make sure the whole domain doesn't get the thin affiliate axe, ... even though the point of the demo site is to showcase Amazon browse node ids. Glad it's ranking for something.

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account