Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    How do I query for only new products added in the last 24 hours?

    Hi,

    How do I query for only new products added in the last 24 hours?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Regards,

    Wyatt

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    That feature isn't offered currently.
    does that mean it will be?

  4. #4
    Maybe at some point. We have to evaluate the performance impact of each new field because it needs to fully fit in memory across our 26 search servers. If we add this field, it means not being able to add another potentially more valuable field down the road without significant infrastructure costs.

  5. #5
    What would the use case be for this? How would this help you as a publisher make more money?

  6. #6
    One use-case would be to show case any new "exciting" products that comes up, without it being buried in thousands of other results. I'm thinking something like an iPhone accessory a user wouldn't really know to search for. With Trends, it's easy to showcase popular "trendy" products, but to be able to do the same with new products being released, might give us an upper hand in terms of content on the sites we offer to our users and can get that product trending in no time

  7. #7
    It wouldn't quite work that way currently. We have a last updated timestamp, but MOST products are updated daily, so you are still going to see millions of products using that as a filter.

  8. #8
    If you provide last updated timestamp field in API, we can query certain number of products to show as New Products.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    It wouldn't quite work that way currently. We have a last updated timestamp, but MOST products are updated daily, so you are still going to see millions of products using that as a filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by affi View Post
    If you provide last updated timestamp field in API, we can query certain number of products to show as New Products.
    Brian, how did you answer his question before he posted it?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshell View Post
    Brian, how did you answer his question before he posted it?
    Bigshell this is not a question. This is a request based on the brian's answer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
coupons | coupons and deals