Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many sids for Amazon?

Hi

How many sids are there for linking to amazon?

I'm not sure I understand the question. We only approve Amazon for high quality sites.

If my site (I don't have the site yet), would be approved,
    i would list links from Amazon Product API and pass them through Prosperent.

Normally Merchants allow for SIDs so i can track visitors conversions.

If i would be allowed to Link to Amazon via Prosperent, how many SIDs i could use for tracking Amazon sales?

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    If my site (I don't have the site yet), would be approved,
    i would list links from Amazon Product API and pass them through Prosperent.

Normally Merchants allow for SIDs so i can track visitors conversions.

If i would be allowed to Link to Amazon via Prosperent, how many SIDs i could use for tracking Amazon sales?
    If you already have an amazon account to use for their product API, then why do you want to give up all your commission to Prosperent just to track through SID's? Use Google Analytics to set up these things so you can track clicks?

If you're happy to give 70% of the commission to Prosperent just to track your clicks, awesomesauce

Uhhh, we definitely don't take 70% of a commission. We take 30.

To answer the question, we allow unlimited SID's for tracking and reporting.

Hi AcidRaZor,

Thank you for answer.

Consider a setup of blog with guest posting. To reward guest posters for writing i need some kind of feedback if their posts are converting or not.
    That's basically problem because amazon gives only 20 custom ids - no way i could make 100% sure who initiated the sale.

@"happy to give 70%" (half-ˈjokingly), Prosperent is doing a good job
    but seriously, problem is not with the clicks, but with conversions.

I guess that some websites that work with the amazon (like payback sites) are somehow
    given the unlimited tracking ids so they can pay per individual action.

Just wondering if same is with Prosperent.

Hope that clear things a little.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperent brian View Post
    Uhhh, we definitely don't take 70% of a commission. We take 30.
    I noted this too ,

To answer the question, we allow unlimited SID's for tracking and reporting.
    Ok, thank you for clarifying.

I'm not sure I understand the question. We only approve Amazon for high quality sites.
    Hi Brian, how to get our sites approved to list amazon products?

lol it was either 30% or 70%, I couldn't remember

But yes, that type of tracking could be done through Google Analytics. If a Guest Poster limits themselves to a specific item or niche, it's even easier. I guess you could use Prosperent as a tracking mechanism for it when/if they approve you for Amazon stuff.

I will try and dig up the article that explains it (that's if I'm not confused again like with the 70/30 thing)

Also understand that we get the top commission rate at Amazon, so if approved, yo would more than make up for our cut that we take.