Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    What Robert said is accurate. It's easy to apply at VigLink, and the team has to get new pubs for network quality. If your site is good, you will get in right away.

I try use product search, I just fill apiKey and query. But the result is 401 Unauthorized. How to use this viglink product search?

Per the API docs, you need to send a header with a secret key

I've been looking for a product API and found the Viglinks one first. I messed around with it for a bit, and while it's super simple to use, I was getting a lot of bad data. For example, I'd specify US but I'd still get offers from other countries, like India and Canada. A lot of images were missing or broken or just had the default "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE".

Anyway, I've since discovered Prosperent and found that the data is a lot better but still having some issues which I'll address in a different thread.

I love the simplicity of the search site you have. Having looked at the Viglink site, there is no easy way for a non-programmer to figure out how to do what you have done.
    Are you happy to share some pointers to get a newbie started?

I did look at the Prosperent plugin for a store, but it uses too much resource on a shared server (Hostgator) which almost lost me my account...

Quote Originally Posted by 312k1t View Post
    I have created simple site with this new API I am surprised by number of products you serve.

What data do you plan to add to the API response? Do you plan to include some Identifier of product like Prosperent does? Or sale price, product description, ...

I've been trying to get my campaign, a mobile app that has been published since 2009, approved on Viglink for many, many months. No response from Viglink when I email customer service. So I can't get any response from the Merchant API beyond '401 Unauthorized'. I can't tell you how frustrated I am.

This is the latest email I sent to VigLink with no response:

"I have been trying for over two years to get Viglink setup to work on a mobile app. I keep giving up because I simply cannot get any help, and your documentation does not help.

I try to check links in the Merchant Explorer, and they are never approved. Never. Once. Never one link ever approved, even though I am supposedly approved for the merchant (green checkmark).
    "Url cannot be affiliated with the selected campaign"

I try the merchant status api, and I am not authorized apparently:
    "401 Unauthorized"

I try to check my campaign, and I get:
    "campaigns": [
    "approvalStatus": null,
    "category": null,
    "platform": null,
    "applicationType": null

I can't find one piece of information that tells me how to use viglink in my mobile app. I also can't figure out how the Product MetaData API is supposed to be used. Your product seems like it has evolved and might actually be really cool, but the documentation is horrible. I am a fairly intelligent person and I think that maybe, if I had a blog, I could figure this out. But besides that, I am just lost.

Can someone help me? Please?"
    Last edited by inphilly; 09-25-2017 at 10:22 PM.

I feel like VigLink would be better to use than Prosperent because it has so many more products and it is a more established company. And Prosperent was sold to VigLink, so is it really being maintained and updated, and how long will it be around? Why is Prosperent still around since the two companies have such similar offerings? I have noticed that a lot of the product lists on Prosperent are old and not being updated. Is Viglink any better? It is so confusing to me. I don't know. Is Prosperent better? I don't know if I will ever gain access to VigLink to even begin to compare. Why don't companies like Viglink really target and help mobile apps? I was excited about Prosperent before it came under Viglink and now I don't know what to make of any of it.

What in the world is happening?

So after the latest two emails to VigLink trying to explain the situation and get help getting a mobile app (to which I can't add their javascript) approved, I get this email back today:

"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! To use VigLink on your app, you'll want to take advantage of our Anywhere links or Link Monetization API.

Take a look at our documentation for both methods here:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

I don't think this person could have been less helpful if she had tried.

To make matters even worse, VigLink has a phone number posted all over their site for customer support, and it is disconnected. Oops.
    Last edited by inphilly; 09-26-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mockmeter View Post
    A lot of images were missing or broken or just had the default "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE".
    Try adding filterImages = 1

that will filter out broken images and clean up the response.