Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question affiliate_url is not directing me to the specified offer, but some other offer

I just signed up to Prosperent a few hours ago, so maybe that has something to do with it.

So, for example, I hit this query:

http://api.prosperent.com/api/search...e=0.01,9999.00

The first offer is this:

[catalogId] => b8ff7c831aaf9118ce4428b7b22f8a25
    [productId] => 3c19ae8813fb23dfdcf94af25ff0e7c5
    [affiliate_url] => http://prosperent.com/store/product/...ReviewMeta.com
    [image_url] => http://images.prosperentcdn.com/imag...odnBg%3Dffffff
    [keyword] => Scivation, Xtend BCAAs, Watermelon Madness, 90 Servings, 40.6 OZ.
    [price] => 73.69
    [price_sale] =>
    [percentOff] =>
    [currency] => USD
    [merchant] => Walmart US
    [merchantId] => 127072
    [brand] => Scivation

I click the Affiliate URL:
    http://prosperent.com/store/product/...ReviewMeta.com

Expecting to go to WALMART, but eventually end up on GNC.com: http://www.gnc.com/Scivation-XTEND-B...ourID=88170196

This example is not that big of a deal since it's the same product, however I've found a lot that go to something seemingly very random; HockeyMonkey for screen protectors, etc. Maybe it's because my account isn't "approved" for walmart yet? This happens on a lot of other merchants, but not all.

You would need specific approval as far as I remember, Walmart doesn't work with just any site. However the nice thing about Prosperent (that you found by accident) is that if a specific product you're promoting for a specific merchant isn't available at that merchant anymore, or you "lost" access to that merchant for whatever reason (check your dashboard), then they redirect the click to the next best merchant and/or do a product match for a similar product so you don't lose that click and stand a better chance of earning commission

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    You would need specific approval as far as I remember, Walmart doesn't work with just any site.
    Ok, so how do I go about getting approval from them? I'd like to get "approval" from anything returned by the API...

However the nice thing about Prosperent (that you found by accident) is that if a specific product you're promoting for a specific merchant isn't available at that merchant anymore, or you "lost" access to that merchant for whatever reason (check your dashboard), then they redirect the click to the next best merchant and/or do a product match for a similar product so you don't lose that click and stand a better chance of earning commission
    That's better than nothing, however it would be even better if those results simply weren't returned by the API in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by mockmeter View Post
    Ok, so how do I go about getting approval from them? I'd like to get "approval" from anything returned by the API...
    Anyone? I can't start sending traffic to Prosperent until I get this sorted out.

If that is your website listed within the affiliate url you provided above, it is likely that Walmart will not approve your site. I assume you scrape/spider the reviews on their website to get your review ratings/scores which violates one of their publisher terms of use:
    "scrape" or "spider" the Site or any other websites for content (such as images, logos or text);
    See under section "3. Prohibitions" --> https://affiliates.walmart.com/#!/terms

Also, if you log into your Prosperent Dashboard, if you look under reports (the drop-downs on the left) there is a section labeled "Excluded Merchants". This will list all of the merchants you will not receive commission from with Prosperent due to the merchants' terms of use being violated by your website.
    Last edited by Robert; 10-23-2016 at 12:56 PM.

I have this issue too, just send your traffic to else where until they aware of this and fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I assume you scrape/spider the reviews on their website to get your review ratings/scores which violates one of their publisher terms of use
    We do not scrape walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Also, if you log into your Prosperent Dashboard, if you look under reports (the drop-downs on the left) there is a section labeled "Excluded Merchants". This will list all of the merchants you will not receive commission from with Prosperent due to the merchants' terms of use being violated by your website.
    Walmart is not displayed in this list.

Quote Originally Posted by manto View Post
    I have this issue too, just send your traffic to else where until they aware of this and fix this
    You have an issue with Walmart too?

You mean not send my traffic to Prosperent? This is what I'm doing, waiting until the redirects are correct before I send any traffic through it.

Quote Originally Posted by mockmeter View Post
    You have an issue with Walmart too?

You mean not send my traffic to Prosperent? This is what I'm doing, waiting until the redirects are correct before I send any traffic through it.
    not only walmart

If you see Walmart results in your API calls, it means that you're not excluded from their affiliate program through Prosperent. You would need only to apply for inclusion if they specifically excluded you (they will give a reason as to why)

You need to remember that Walmart (as well as many online retailers) blocked access outside of the US to any incoming clicks due to that DDos attack on them a few years back. So instead of just sending you through to their website that will say "Sorry, F-off, your country sucks", they redirect you to a merchant that ships internationally and also pays commission. Again, like I said, Prosperent maximizes the chance for you to get commission based on their algos.

It can also happen that the product has gone out of rotation (for example Walmart doesn't have it) while it was still in the API, when that happens, instead of sending you to a dead link/404 page, they redirect you to a similar (or same) product with another merchant.

You would need only to apply for inclusion if they specifically excluded you (they will give a reason as to why)
    They aren't on my excluded list. And it's not just Walmart, it's many many merchants that aren't on that list. Seems like over 50% of the links that I click are NOT directed to where I think they are going. The example provided is nice because it's the same product, but a lot aren't even close.

Is there going to be some change regarding approvals soon or should I be looking at different product APIs?