Join Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite View Post
    The reason why I'm using the extended query rather than the standard query is because with the extended query, we can search for specific words and phrases in particular elements of the API, namely, in "keyword," in "description," in "category," in "merchant," and in "brand." In addition, we can specify negative words or phrases in the request to these elements. The standard API does not allow this level of specificity to be posed to these discreet elements, rather, we would be relying on Prosperent itself for the relevance, which has been touted as the best.

I'm not doubting that the standard query is "good" for 99% of users. But I do enjoy the filtering options of the extended query.

It seems to me that the best solution in my case is to design an "advanced search page" which incorporates all elements of the extended query. Right now, I'm attempting to account for all variations of the extended search query from how the URL is constructed, and I'm running into mental walls.
    if there's no advanced searches being done, then default to the standard query. as soon as an advanced search is done, be specific.

So if a person searches per brand @keyword would be * and @brand would be whatever brand they chose. Obviously this won't be specific to what they're looking for, but still useful. So if they entered a keyword, you can search by the keyword AND the brand etc etc etc

But if there's no sorting or filtering going on, why bother sending it to extended query? Hope my English isn't letting me down here

Although not a 'pure store function' per se, I would find it very helpful to have a module/widget type system to add external content, and to easily place & style that content on the template.

External content sources might include: YouTube, Twitter, *Unique Content, ArticlesBase, eBay Feed, Yahoo Feed, RSS, etc.

Perhaps there's even a way to integrate an already existing drag & drop template builder? The ability to easily modify templates would certainly be welcomed by those of us who struggle to make all but rudimentary changes to templates.

Steve
    Bathroom safety aids, such as a shower bench, shower grab bars or a bath transfer bench are extremely important in the prevention of injuries by elderly persons and/or handicapped & mobility impaired individuals.

Blog Entries
    A Few notes:

- The site (and script) is a work in progress.

- If you visit, and it's "broken" or all you see if a white page -- no need to report it. I'll fix it eventually.

- When I'm ready, I'll open the door to formal beta testing.

- At the present time, I plan on releasing this script free of charge while using the affiliate traffic sharing model. (10% of the time, the script's API-ID is used, while 90% of the time, the user's API-ID is used).

- I plan on protecting the code with ionCube, but haven't worked out the logistics yet. Even this might change.

- Constructive (and polite) criticism is always welcomed!

Demo:
    http://blogmasher.com/go.php?q=Christmas

"The greatest limitation in coding is imagination."
    -- Amazon Browse Node Database: .
    -- Create a Free Publisher Account

Looks real clean man, I like that look.

After your closing </html> tag is the following.... was that intentional?

PHP Prosperent
    Number :: 3 ... where ( 1 = PP API id & 2-10 = User API id )
    Prosperent API :: Hidden
    Prosperent Channel ID :: 0
    Prosperent SID :: blogmasher.com_q=Christmas
    Prosperent Debug Mode :: 1
    Prosperent Limit :: 500
    Prosperent Page :: 1
    Standard Query or Extended Query :: christmas
    Compiled Extended Query ::
    Extended Query
    BrandPlus (&bp=BRAND) ::
    BrandMinus (&bm=BRAND) ::
    CategoryPlus (&cp=CATEGORY) ::
    CategoryMinus (&cm=CATEGORY) ::
    DescriptionPlus (&dp=DESCRIPTION) ::
    DescriptionMinus (&dm=DESCRIPTION) ::
    KeywordPlus (&kp=KEYWORD) ::
    KeywordMinus (&km=KEYWORD) ::
    MerchantPlus (&mp=MERCHANT) ::
    MerchantMinus (&mm=MERCHANT) ::
    UPCPlus (&up=UPC) ::
    UPCMinus (&um=UPC) ::
    ISBNPlus (&ip=ISBN) ::
    ISBNMinus (&im=ISBN) ::

Array
    (
    [errors] => Array
    (
    )

[warnings] => Array
    (
    [0] => Array
    (
    [code] => debug_mode
    [msg] => This API request is in debug mode, impressions will not be logged
    )

)
    Last edited by mister; 06-30-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Needs more call to action to click the links but looks like a good starting point.
    Knownhost VPS - Great for MFPMU Use Promo Code TXVPS for any Dallas VS2 + for a 10% Lifetime Discount

Blog Entries
    Yes. That is intentional. I do that to see how the extended query is being formatted. Included is how to manually manipulate the uri. Example: http://blogmasher.com/go.php?q=Chris...ament&km=bible

I like it. Would introduce a form of paging though (perhaps CSS/JavaScript based to have an "instant feel" to it), but other than that and a few design tweaks it looks good

How do you process the cloud_keywords/cloud_descriptions? Would be interested to know how you get those into single keywords

the titles are getting cut and hidden behind the sidebar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    I like it. Would introduce a form of paging though (perhaps CSS/JavaScript based to have an "instant feel" to it), but other than that and a few design tweaks it looks good

How do you process the cloud_keywords/cloud_descriptions? Would be interested to know how you get those into single keywords
    Hey, Acid. The reason behind this is to compare the list of 'cloud words' to a list of 'poison words' in order to place Adsense on pages that do not contain any of the poison words. (So I need a list of poison words!!) In addition, it is possible to append any of the 'cloud words' to the extended query to produce more searchable terms. I plan to do this a little later on when I get pagination down.

Pagination is really whipping my ass right now.

I use arrays to process strings into phrases. The real trick is to know which characters to use in order to explode the string. In addition, I'm using an Array of Filterwords (which contain prepositions, conjunctions, demonstrative pronouns and the like) and I'm Filtering out the Filterwords from the 'cloud words'.
    Last edited by NiTe; 06-29-2011 at 10:59 AM.