Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Cool Zaphod's GoDaddy DNS Tool

So, here it is, the updated GoDaddy DNS Tool. This one comes with some improvements. For starters, the command line is gone, replaced with a GUI that does most of the work for you. Enter your GoDaddy user/pass, the domain names you want to change, a pool of IPs to point them to, and then a list of subs to use. In most cases we'll all use either just "@" for the subs or "@" and "*".

There's a selector for how many subs you want to add as well, so, for example... take your 50 authority (well aged) site domains, drop the IPs for your MFPmu install in the IP box, drop 100 words for subs in the A Name box and the set it to only add 10 subs per dom. You'll end up with 10 random (out of 100) subs per dom... that way they're not all the same.

For all the lists, just copy/paste in a list of values, one per line. So your list of IPs would be all your IPs on a given server, one per line. Same for your doms and your subs.

Also, I threw in a few extra tools to get you going: a keyword sorter (sorts a list of keywords by length - handy for making doms IMO); a domain name mixer; and a DNS Tester.

Configuration. There's just one thing to configure. Open the "inc_common.php" file. At the very top, set your user/pass. That's it. This is so that only you will have access to this on your install. I'm not sure what naughtiness somebody could get up to with this, likely nothing, but I don't want to find out

There is an affiliate link to GoDaddy... please use it There's also a PayPal donate button for when you get drunk and want to spend some money!
    Attached Files

I tried the script but i can't make it work. I am receiving this error when i try to use it:

starting...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    getting index page ...
    can not get index page.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Are you getting any errors in your apache logs?

I installed the script on another hosting but now i am receiving this error:

starting...
    getting index page ...
    getting the login page ...
    can not get login page.

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.org/public_html/godaddy-dns-updater.php on line 154

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.org/public_html/godaddy-dns-updater.php on line 184

Does anyone can tell me what these error means?

I'm not super experienced with shared hosting, but it sounds like the host has locked down PHP in safe mode and/or with a basedir. I'm not sure if you can get around the host's security at all.

I get why a host would disable cURL, they don't want scrapers on their hosting, but that's a severely limiting blanket policy to use :/

luckily php 5.4 ditches safe mode.

might also check your account works at the godaddymobile.com site.

mine does not

Oh really? Odd that certain accounts wouldn't... Is there a setting for that in your account or something?

i can login but it times out loading domain lists, individual site settings etc. doesn't matter which domain i try to load it does this. on mobile, wifi or 3g.

Can you tell me what requirements the hosting should have to run this script? I am trying from two days to make it work and I tried different hosts but it didnít work.