Join Free
+ Reply to Thread

Multi query operations

Hi,

It seems that I can’t call a multi query operation (OR operation) with Trends API. I tried:

Code:
    query: laptop bags | laptop case
    query: @keyword laptop bags | laptop case
    query: array(‘laptop bags’, ‘laptop case’)
    extendedQuery: laptop bags | laptop case
    extendedQuery: @keyword laptop bags | laptop case
    filterKeyword: laptop bags | laptop case
    filterKeyword: array(‘laptop bags’, ‘laptop case’)
    but none of the settings above achieve an OR operation for ‘laptop bags’ OR ‘laptop case’.

Code:
    query: laptop bags | laptop case
    returned a result. Though it seems it was a right method to do an OR operation, but it wasn’t. The result was not an OR operation for ‘laptop bags’ result OR ‘laptop case’ result. If I add an empty result query in it, eg:
    Code:
    query: laptop bags | laptop case | asdfjkasdf
    it will return an empty result.

What is the method / parameter to set a multi query operation (OR operation) within Trends API (API Ver. 2.0.8)?

Thanks

Try:

Code:
        $prosperentApi = new Prosperent_Api(array(
            'commissionDateRange' => '20120301,20120501',
            'filterKeyword' => array('*laptop bag*', '*laptop case*')
        ));

$prosperentApi->fetchTrends();
    The * provides a loose match, instead of an exact match. To hit on an exact match, you would need to know the entire keyword you are looking for, ie. 'filterKeyword' => 'HEX 11 Recon Laptop Case'

See thread on wildcard filtering: http://community.prosperent.com/show...highlight=nike

Thanks Andrew,

It works perfectly, accept for one thing: I’m not able to insert a wildcard between words.

query: laptop bags -> returned 7 results.
    filterKeyword: array(‘*laptop bags*’) -> returned empty result.
    filterKeyword: array(‘*laptop*bags*’) -> returned empty result.

Is there a way to insert wildcard between words? Or other way to achieve multi query operation?

For that, you would basically have to use an or between the words you want separated.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin32 View Post
    Thanks Andrew,

It works perfectly, accept for one thing: I’m not able to insert a wildcard between words.

query: laptop bags -> returned 7 results.
    filterKeyword: array(‘*laptop bags*’) -> returned empty result.
    filterKeyword: array(‘*laptop*bags*’) -> returned empty result.

Is there a way to insert wildcard between words? Or other way to achieve multi query operation?
    Also remember that this isn't the catalog. Depending on your date range, I would only expect a few results for a very specific product like laptop bags. They may not be very popular items.

Thanks Brian,

Because this is not the catalog, I think it would be better to get all the data without filter and process it locally, rather than cache individual query results which can contain thousands of queries. Thanks for your input.